[Tutor] MySQLdb INSERT with while or for loop

Decibels decibelshelp@charter.net
Wed Jun 11 13:42:02 2003

Ran into a slight sticking point with mysql. Created the tables fine, but inserting
information from a list is not sinking in.

Does anyone have an idea how to use a FOR or WHILE loop to INSERT data into a Table?
If it needs more explaination, then pointing me to a doc would be great. I am
checking the MySQL site docs and nothing so far.

The only examples I can find see to be explict inserts like below:

cursor.execute ("""
           INSERT INTO animal (name, category)
           VALUES
               ('snake', 'reptile'),
               ('frog', 'amphibian'),
               ('tuna', 'fish'),
               ('racoon', 'mammal')
       """)

But I am wanting to do something similar to: I added the ...... instead of putting the whole table info

cursor.execute("""
        INSERT INTO stockinfo (symbol,name,.......)
        VALUES
        (       x=0
                for x in results:
                quotes9.cleanup(x)