[Tutor] Can you modify every nth item in a list with a single assignment?

R. Alan Monroe R. Alan Monroe" <amonroe@columbus.rr.com
Sat Jun 14 09:37:36 2003

> R. Alan Monroe wrote:

>>>What is your goal here?

>>I'd like to, for instance, draw a column of pixels in a 2d video
>>buffer that's implemented as a 1d array.

> Any particularly compelling reason to implement this as a 1d array?

You may have missed some of my earlier emails on this... I'm calling
python from a C dll so I can play with vis plugins for Sonique in
Python. So I can't change that aspect of the implementation. Python
interprets the buffer object as a long string.

Unless there is a way to convert from string to 2d array, then back
again? (Ideally without copying the whole thing and copying it back -
doing that would send framerates down the drain, I'm guessing)

I will try to post my code on my website in the next few days.

Alan