[Tutor] importing

Isaac Hall hall@ouhep1.nhn.ou.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:15:07 2003

alright, this is kind of an odd question, and Im not sure that there is
another way I can go about doing this.

I have a program that I would like to call with one or more than one
configuration files in the command line.  For what I want, the easiest way
to create these configuration files was just to make them a collection of
python dictionaries.  This way I figured I wouldnt have to waste time
creating some method to read a configuration file.  However I found that
putting in a statement like:

try:
   import sys.argv[1]
except:
   print 'bad config file'

doesnt quite work.  Does anyone know if there are clever ways to import a
file that can be specified in the command line?

thanks
Ike