[Tutor] ANN: BayPIGgies mtg Wed Mar 12 7:30pm

Wesley Chun wesc@fuzzyorange.com
Tue Mar 11 17:39:02 2003

BayPIGgies: Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group

When:     March 12, 2002 @ 7:30pm
Where:    Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Agenda:   PyChecker and Friends
Speaker:  Phil Lindsay

"PyChecker and friends: Easing the transition from ad hoc scripts to
stable, maintainable Python applications"

PyChecker can be thought of as "Lint" for Python, and is a tool for
finding bugs in Python source code. This talk will introduce PyChecker,
show some of its functionality and discuss some of the lessons learned
from its use in a commercial software development environment. The
presentation will be from the perspective of a happy user & interested
hacker. Some of the future goals of the project's authors will also be
described. If time permits, the speaker will demonstrate a couple of
small tools he has developed to also help in the creation of stable,
maintainable applications.

# Call For Talks: We are actively seeking speakers for BayPIGgies! If you
would like to give a talk at one of our 2003 meetings (any Python related
topic), contact us to coordinate!

more info including directions:    http://www.baypiggies.net

hope 2 c u tomorrow nite!

-wesley

"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, =A9 2001
    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/

Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group (BayPIGgies)
    http://baypiggies.net

wesley.j.chun :: wesc at deirdre.org or wesc at fuzzyorange.com
cyberweb.consulting : henderson, nv : cyberweb at rocketmail.com
http://www.roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/