[Tutor] New to tutor

Kristian Rink afterimage@gmx.net
Sat Mar 22 02:34:02 2003

Hi Billie,...

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:38:58 -0600
"Billie" <bh-wages@swbell.net> wrote:

> I just recently found out about python, and am beginning to get
> started on learning it.  I did BASIC programming waaay back in the
> 80's, and am really looking forward to learning this language.

Hmmm, remembering pretty well this one on my good old C-64:

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"
20 GOTO 10

:]

> Are there any lesson plans anywhere?  Books?  I've been on the
> list and receiving mail, but haven't actually gotten started yet

A good book I spent quite some time with both reading and playing
with the examples IMHO is this one:

http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

I dealt with this quite some time earlier trying to get a clue what
"object orientation" in languages is about, and this one was pretty
helpful. I think it's a good start for both learning programming
_and_ Python. :)

Cheers,
Kris

--=20
F=FCr Freiheit und die Wahrung demokratischer Grundrechte im=20
Informationszeitalter - gegen Zensur, Manipulation und digitale
Entm=FCndigung. Sch=FCtze Deine Rechte - sag _DEINE_ Meinung!=20