[Tutor] Question about 'Predicate Methods'

ahimsa ahimsa@onetel.net.uk
Mon Mar 24 12:41:02 2003

Hi all

Predicate methods:=20

In Deitel, et al. ("Python: how to program", 2002:233), the concept of=20
'predicate' methods is introduced with reference to access control method=
s=20
protecting object's attributes from being 'gotten' at and rendered=20
inconsistent by client code. It is described as a 'read-only' access meth=
od=20
that test the validity of a condition. They then go on and discuss 'set' =
and=20
'get' (query) methods, and don't mention 'predicate methods' again. I hav=
e=20
not been able to find any other references to predicate methods in the=20
Tutorial, aforementioned book, or other tutorials and documents. Could=20
someone point me in the direction of documentation for this method (what =
is=20
and how it works), or comment on their own understanding of this term.

Thanks

Andy

--=20
News from a diiferent perspective: