[Tutor] nominees please

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 26 22:40:14 2003

> I would second this nomination, much on the same grounds.

Hello!

I have a problem with this nomination, specifically on the basis of a type
mismatch.  Rob asked:

> > > I'd like to open the floor to nominees for outstanding Tutor List
> > > posts.

And posts are related to posters, but they are not the same kind of thing.
*grin*

Seriously though: it might be more worthwhile to nominate outstanding
threads, rather than individual posts!  Much of the power of Tutor is not
in single posts or posters, but in the groups of messages of a thread.

I really liked the thread when we were talking about putting the prime
numbers in a spiral.

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2001-April/004862.html

... even though it wasn't really related to Python.  *grin* While I was
searching for it, I ran into:

    http://www.hermetic.ch/pns/pns.htm

and

http://lists.canonical.org/pipermail/kragen-hacks/1998-November/000134.html

There's some cool math there!  Does anyone want to try writing that Prime
Number Spiral program in Tkinter?

Best of wishes!