[Tutor] Getting process output in real time

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Thu May 1 13:42:03 2003

At 08:40 2003-05-01 -0700, Neil Hodge wrote:
>All:
>
>I am building a GUI to wrap around a CLI program.  One of the functions of
>the CLI outputs a progress bar, something like the following:
>
>[0....25....50....75....100]
>
>I am using one of the os.popen variants for all of my other system calls,
>and getting the stdout works perfectly.  Since all of the other functions
>are very quick or give no status updates, this would be a moot
>question.  But for this function, I would like to get the stdout back in
>real time so that I can display it in the GUI.  I note that in

I don't think you can do this in a platform independent way.
What operating system are we talking about?

--
Magnus Lycka (It's really Lyckå), magnus@thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, Sweden, www.thinkware.se