[Tutor] Creating stock responses to FAQ

Alan Trautman ATrautman@perryjudds.com
Thu May 8 15:59:01 2003

I vote for the book one it seems some months it is answered several times.

If I had a decent list of books I'd volunteer but my email is empty of last
months answer.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Gailer [mailto:bgailer@alum.rpi.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 2:50 PM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] Creating stock responses to FAQ

I'm amazed & delighted at the number and consistency of responses to
Ellen's "a neewbie at python" request. I hope we have not blown her away
with the volume or discouraged her.

I'm also concerned that we collectively take so much time to say the same
thing. I wonder if we could create a "stock" response to such requests, and
that one of us (possibly taking turns) could send it to others with similar
requests. I would be happy to take that role for the month of May, then
pass the baton to someone else for June. What do you think?

Perhaps we could do something similar for requests for tutorials.

Are there other FAQ you think would merit attention?

Bob Gailer
bgailer@alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625