[Tutor] Tutor list introduction, goals, ideals...

Rob Andrews rob@jam.rr.com
Wed May 14 12:56:02 2003

Welcome to the ever-friendly Tutor list. You've already made a good
start by coming here at all. There are a host of good tutorials around,
and searching for "python tutorial" at google.com demonstrates.

If you're interested in working on free software, particularly in
Python, but don't have specific ideas as to just what you want to write
yet, that's fine. Just write some programs for fun, and/or go to
uselesspython.com and hack on some of the other newbie/free programs
there. (Some are great and provide much from which to learn, and some
are awful, providing a great chance to learn the art of improving that
which already exists and sending it back to the site and the original
author.)

As you get stuck or have questions, feel free to post them to this list,
and we will usually go a bit beyond the call of duty to help.

-Rob Andrews
Newbie For Life