[Tutor] IDLE with Vim Keybindings?

Adam Kessel adam@bostoncoop.net
Wed May 14 19:49:02 2003

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

Hi All:

I just discovered idle, which is pretty exciting. I've noticed, though,
that it has emacs-like keybindings. Does anyone know if it's possible to
change to vim keybindings, or alternatively if there is any Python
development environment that uses vim keybindings? A quick websearch
doesn't reveal any answers. (obligatory vim vs.  emacs comment omitted). =
=20

By the way, although I just started with Python a few days ago, I've
written three programs which I think work pretty well, they are all at
http://bostoncoop.net/adam/python :=20

addMIMETextToHTMLEmail: if you hate HTML-only email (e.g., from Hotmail)
because you use a text-based mailreader like mutt this will turn
HTML-only email into a MIME multipart message with a text part and an
HTML part. Other utilities I've found will strip out the HTML or convert
it to text, but this leaves the HTML as a separate part in case you need
it. Typically you would use this as a procmail filter. =20

addTitlesToLinks: this program will take HTML snippets (or a whole web
page) and look up each <a href> tag that doesn't have a 'target' element
for the title of the webpage referred to. It will then add the title to
the tag. You can either use the program as a module and call the function
addTitlesToLinks, or use it as a filter (and pipe HTML through it). =20

fetchPageAndImages: you can feed this program a URL, a file containing
HTML, or pipe HTML into it, and it will go and get each web page that is
linked, as well as images on those pages, and pack it all up into a
single pickled object.  It can also take this object and restore it back
to something that could be served to a user.  So it's a simple web
caching program.  It's primarily intended to be part of something larger,
but it has some command line options to try it out as a stand-alone
program. =20

--Adam

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--