[Tutor] line numbering program discloses shebang screw!

Gerrit Holl gerrit@nl.linux.org
Sun May 18 04:18:02 2003

Kirk Bailey schreef op zondag 18 mei om 09:18:19 +0000:
> I am running 1.5.2 until the server upgrade later on  next month. Could
> someone running version 2+ please see if they can kill a script this way?

It's the same:

10:13:58:2:gerrit@stopcontact:/tmp$ ./hello.py
/usr/bin/python: can't open file '# 1'
10:13:59:2:gerrit@stopcontact:/tmp$ cat hello.py
#!/usr/bin/python # 1
print "Hello, world!" # 2

I'm not sure whether Python can do anything against this.
I don't think it can.

> Seems I ought to write a program to look for tabs and count them and make
> adjustments accordingly?

Aren't you just looking for tabnanny?

   tabnanny -- Detection of ambiguous indentation

    For the time being this module is intended to be called as a script.
    However it is possible to import it into an IDE and use the function
    check() described below.

    Warning: The API provided by this module is likely to change in future
    releases; such changes may not be backward compatible.

yours,
Gerrit.

--
165. If a man give to one of his sons whom he prefers a field, garden,
and house, and a deed therefor: if later the father die, and the brothers