[Tutor] how to learn programming,and how to use python as the first one u program?

Rob Andrews rob@jam.rr.com
Mon May 19 09:38:01 2003

wei huang wrote:
> i am a new learner, even do not have much knowledge in C & C++ i will
> be very appreciated if some one tell me which book i should read
> ps:this is my first mail in the mail list,thanks all

Welcome! You don't have to start with a book, although there are some
really good ones available now.

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld has some very nice material
for someone learning programming in Python from scratch. (And it has a
book version, as well, which may interest you.) There are also quite a
few other Python tutorials of different kinds available.

And, of course, we're happy to help on the list.

-Rob Andrews