[Tutor] line numbering program discloses shebang screw!

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Mon May 19 20:47:01 2003

On Sunday 18 May 2003 00:19, Kirk Bailey wrote:
> The shebang is the special first line that the os examines to discover teh
> path to the intended interpeter for an executable script.
>
> Gang, when you ad this to the end of the shebang:
>
>                            # 1
>
> You get all sorts of ungodly commotion and confusion.
>
> LINE NUMBERING PROGRAMS WILL KILL SCRIPTS.

depends on how the OS handles the part after #!.  Some have a character limit,
others just pass the whole deal on.

My assumption was you wanted to print or email the output not use it as a
functioning script afterwards (-: