[Tutor] Documentation concerns.

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue May 20 21:27:01 2003

[Bob Gailer]
> I've been noticing deficiencies in the official Python documentation.
> What's the procedure to request and/or contribute fixes and
> improvements?

At the bottom of every page of the HTML docs, you'll see this line:

    See "About this document..." for information on suggesting changes.

Click on the link, and it will take you to, e.g.,

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/about.html

If you find errors, it's *most* helpful to (as the link above says) submit
bug reports to SourceForge.  The email address goes to Fred Drake's inbox,
and he really doesn't have much time for this anymore.  It's much better to
record problems on the bug tracker, where other volunteers can help too.  If
you *really* want to help, consider learning how to create doc patches --
everything in PythonLand eventually gets done by someone contributing their
time and talents.