[Tutor] spell/grammar checking

lonetwin lonetwin@yahoo.com
Wed May 21 04:36:01 2003

Hi all,
     Just a random comment on this subject. There are a lot of 'dict' servers
(eg: the MIT dict server) out there on the net whose protocol (RFC 2229) also
allows one to do a spell check (MATCH command) . On my linux box I have a
client application called 'gdict' that uses the MIT dict server to do
word/spell lookups.

   Also little googling showed me this:

http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/serpento/README
       serpento (for the lack of better name) is a dict (RFC 2229) server
       written in python.

http://gopher.quux.org:70/devel/dictclient

This is a new library for interacting with Dict servers.
 *  It defines three classes -- Connection, Database, and Definition.
 *  It supports all common Dict server requests, including definitions,
 *  matching, and getting information about available databases,
 *  capabilities, etc. You can use it to communicate to a local
 *  or remote dictd database.

http://gopher.quux.org:70/devel/dictdlib
Dictionary creation library

More at http://www.dict.org/links.html

Nice huh ?? :-)

Peace
Steve

--
Never be afraid to tell the world who you are.
                                     - Anonymous