[Tutor] Documentation concerns.

Bob Gailer bgailer@alum.rpi.edu
Thu May 22 15:00:05 2003

I'd like to put this thread to bed. My concern was how to get documentation
updated, and that has been answered.

Alan asked what I expected. And to me that is the problem in general,
having to guess or expect. What I expect (or at least desire) is those few
more words that tell me what happens so I don't have to guess. I think this
is also crucial for newcomers who want to use the language effectively.

I come from a long history of dealing with inadequate documentation. The
average for me is about 1 hour of lost time dealing with problems in MY
program due missing or incorrect information. Most of the document
suppliers were not interested in updating when a problem was discovered NOR
interested in strategies for improving documentation. Python is my first
Open Source development tool and it offers a way for me to improve things.
For that I'm grateful.

Bob Gailer
bgailer@alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625