[Tutor] python cgi debugging 101

Pijus Virketis pijus@virketis.com
Sun May 25 19:10:01 2003

Dear all,

I am trying to install pyblosxom
(roughingit.subtlehints.net/pyblosxom), an all-Python blogging engine.
So far, I am not having much luck. ;) But fear not, I am not asking for
any program-specific advice. Rather, I would appreciate a few basic
Python cgi debugging tips and tricks (or a link to a tutorial on the
subject). Basically, my Apache error log only has this (to me cryptic)
line:

[Sun May 25 15:39:03 2003] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Premature end of script headers:
/usr/local/www/virtual/xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/html//cgi-bin/pyblosxom.cgi

I would at least like to figure out at which point the program fails,
or if it even starts up. And anything else informative that can be
gleaned ...

N.B.: A Python test.cgi does successfully execute. I have set the
permissions on the file correctly (I think). I am trying to execute it
on Python 2.1.1, for which pyblosxom is cleared.

Thank you!

Pijus