[Tutor] Help with a game

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 10 15:08:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, j j wrote:

> Hey guys, i'm in a programmng class and i need some help.  I made a game
> based off of the pygame example "Chimp" and it won't run.

Hello!

Can you be more specific by what you mean by "won't run"?  This question
may sound silly, but we're actually a little serious here: does Python
give out an exception or traceback?  Do you see anything at all on the
screen when you run the program?  And have you been able to get other
pygame examples to work yet?

Many of us have already seen the Chimp example from pygame's web page:

    http://pygame.org/docs/tut/chimp/ChimpLineByLine.html

so I'm pretty sure we can get this straightened out quickly.  But we
really do need more information about how the program is failing;
otherwise, we can't effectively debug the situation.

Good luck to you!