[Tutor] How to get Python Tutorial all in one document for better printing?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Nov 13 16:32:43 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:37:02PM -0800, Scott Chapman wrote:
> Thus, I need to know how to turn these into single HTML files (or PDF
> files with my margins specified), easily, if possible.

If you have LaTeX and LaTeX2HTML installed, you can download the Python
source tree and hack Doc/Makefile.  Change the '-split 3' in the rules for
the "tut" target to "-split 1"; this results in one great big HTML file.

If you hurry, I've put a copy of the single-file tutorial at
http://www.amk.ca/files/tut.html ; it'll disappear the next time I push an
update to my web pages.

--amk