[Tutor] Re: Re: sorting by values in dict

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Fri Nov 14 09:47:22 EST 2003

Paul Tremblay wrote on Fri, 14 Nov 2003 02:47:58 -0500:

<snip>
>> Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
>> cebwrpg5 at jnanqbb.ay. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
>> gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.
>
> What is this? So a robot can't read this, right? But how do you decode
> it?

Some newsreaders have an option to decode rot13. E.g. I use 40tude Dialog
to read the Tutor list from the interface provided by Gmane.org and I can
select the text and then select Unscramble. If your reader doesn't have
this, you can use Python:

>>> "text".encode('rot13')
'grkg'
>>> "grkg".encode('rot13')
'text'

Shows that re-encoding the encoded text returns the original text, like
Kalle mentioned in a previous message.

It is indeed protection against spam. Has worked nicely so far - my header
address catches a full mailbox per day, the other one none at all.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====