[Tutor] PythonWin cannot find win32ui.pyd

Tom Semple simple_stuff at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 18:39:18 EST 2003

I wanted to replace my Python 2.3 with the ActiveState edition of same. I uninstalled the former, installed the latter, but when I try to launch PythonWin I get the aforementioned error (the file is there in one of the Lib subdirectories, presumably where it is supposed to be). Have tried restarting Windows, and the 'repair' option of the install, to no avail. Install directory is 'd:\python23\" rather than the default of "c:\python23\". Any suggestions of what to check?
Thanks
Tom Semple