[Tutor] PythonWin cannot find win32ui.pyd

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 17 01:24:45 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Tom Semple wrote:

> I wanted to replace my Python 2.3 with the ActiveState edition of same.
> I uninstalled the former, installed the latter, but when I try to launch
> PythonWin I get the aforementioned error (the file is there in one of
> the Lib subdirectories, presumably where it is supposed to be). Have
> tried restarting Windows, and the 'repair' option of the install, to no
> avail. Install directory is 'd:\python23\" rather than the default of
> "c:\python23\". Any suggestions of what to check?

Hi Tom,

Sorry, but this might be a tough question for us on Python-Tutor, since
it's so specialized.  Have you asked your question on ActiveState's
ActivePython mailing list?  The folks there should know more about that
error.

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/ActivePython

You may also want to look at:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/InstallationProblems.html

Someone else appears to have had a similar problem, and posted on the main
comp.lang.python archives:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-list/1843113

I hope you can find a solution to this.  Good luck to you!