[Tutor] distutil setup script

Udz thinkuknowme2007 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 18:59:26 EST 2003

i'm having trouble using a distutil setup script with py2exe. using the example given on their site, i created a setup script. however, when i go to run the script from command prompt (python setup-script.py py2exe ----- i think thats the right command), i get the following error:

  File "setup-script.py", line 8
    scripts=["thing.py"],
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This is my setup script:

#setup-script
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(name = "thing"
      scripts=["thing.py"],
)

I have no clue what i'm doing wrong(yes, i'm a newbie, could u tell?), i tried messing around with it a bit, but it gives me a syntax error each time. so yes, I need help with that.
thanx to any and every one that does help me,

Udz