[Tutor] processing WSDL files

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 9 14:13:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, D P wrote:

> hi all!
>
> could someone explain why do I have this traceback
> while trying to import an wsdl file?

Hi D P,

I'd suspect that there's a bug in the WSDL module; it looks like part of
the software is sending the None object over to a method that doesn't
expect it.  From the traceback:

>   File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\soapy\soap.py",
> line 150, in addParam
>     if not
> (self.all_namespaces.has_key(type.namespace)):
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute

The 'soapy' module is saying that something is not right --- 'type' here
is set to None.  But at the moment, I can't figure out the real cause of
this without more information.  In particular, you mention:

###
>>> import WebService
>>> policy=WebService.ServiceProxy(<link_to_wsdl_http_location>)
###

Can you tell us the link to the wsdl location?  If so, that'll help
enormously, since then we'll be better equipped to replicate the situation
and test a solution.

Still, you may really want to talk to the Python Web Services folks for
your question:

    http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure how many of us are familiar with WSDL.  But I'm positive the
Python web services folks there know what they are doing.  They have a
mailing list that you can use:

Good luck to you!