[Tutor] Re: Can you clarify these terms

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 21:34:48 EDT 2003

>I have a number of questions.

Please do not send HTML to the list. Send only plain text.

>How do you call from the command prompt (in Python or windows)
>a script file you've successfully run compiled from the editor?

Python is an interpreted language. As such we do not usually
talk about compiling scripts or programs. That said, to run from
the DOS prompt, you would do something like:  python myscript.py
or from the python prompt, you would:  import myscript
although that is not usually the way you would run something...

That said, it really sounds to me like you have just typed or pasted
your homework assignment in to your mail program. That is not what
this list is about.  I think you will have better luck if you:

1. do not post html to the list
2. post only one question at a time
3. include some code you have written to illustrate your question
4, search google first, especially for things that are not python-specific