[Tutor] CVS package

Anna Ravenscroft anna at aleax.it
Sun Oct 12 16:31:29 EDT 2003

On Sunday 12 October 2003 04:05 pm, Jorge Godoy wrote:
> Guillermo Fernandez <guillermo.fernandez at epfl.ch> writes:
> > Is there any CVS package in python?
> > I'm looking for something to interact with a CVS server.
> > I haven't find anything with google (other that CVS's of programs... :-)

My understanding is that there isn't really any module for Python - folks
manually open a shell or use os.system or os.open to run a command line.
There is a project going on at cvshome.org... called libcvs, for perl and
java.... but nobody yet appears to be working on a python version...

> One like the svn (subversion) module would be very interesting.

Many folks apparently are more happy with moving to subversion, than
continuing to support CVS. The PyPy project, for example, uses subversion.
Building the server is said to be a bear, according to folks who ought to
know, like AMK. But installing and using it as a client is quite easy.

Anna
--
There is a type 3 error in which your mind goes totally blank whenever you try
to remember which is which of type 1 and type 2.