[Tutor] 2nd Python Book

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Mon Oct 20 19:32:17 EDT 2003

You need to know what you're trying to accomplish to make a good choice.

Python in a Nutshell provides a terrific reference for the language with
short examples and sage advice.

Text Processing in Python has a much narrower focus, but provides some
in depth coverage of problem domains where Python is a great tool for
writing solutions.

Python Programming on Win32 is essential if you need to cater to the
world of windows.

Programming Python has lots of sample code with detailed discussion.

Python in a Nutshell sits by my keyboard.  I find it invaluable.