[Tutor] Re: Request for code critique

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Tue Oct 21 18:21:21 EDT 2003

Clay Shirky wrote:

>>I've written a program of about 40 lines including
>>comments.  I am teaching myself to program in my spare
>>time, working through the various online tutorials.  I
>>started with "Instant Hacking" by Hetland and built on
>>the example to calculate prime numbers.  Basically, I
>>looked for better ways to do it, then expanded its
>>functionality by throwing code at it and seeing what
>>stuck.  Before I try to refine it any further, I think
>>it would be good to get some feedback before I develop
>>any bad habits.  Rather than clog your inboxes by way
>>of asking for a big favor, any volunteers, please
>>e-mail me directly.
>

> As a fellow newbie, I'd love to see it, and I'm sure it makes more sense to
> post it here than to do it via CC. That sort of thing is what tutor is good
> for.

I agree, I can fit more than 50 lines of code on my screen so 40 doesn't
seem like such a big problem. Make sure your mail interface doesn't
break the code though.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at bcrenznvy.pbz. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V
ernq gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.