[Tutor] Re: Python vs. Ruby

Todd Stephens tbstep at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 29 19:59:03 EST 2003

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 07:07 pm, Andrei wrote:
>  Nevertheless, Ruby does seem like a nice language and if Python
> wasn't around, I'd probably hang around on the ruby-tutor list now
> (oh, wait, that doesn't exist :)).

Without a doubt, Python has the strongest community of any language I
have seen.  Sure, others like Lisp have ardent supporters, but even
that community is fractured (and not nearly as supportive of
beginners).

While community is obviously no reason to choose a programming language
to use for a particular project, I think it is a big factor in bringing
in new people to the language (and subsequently increasing usage of the
language all over the world).

--
Todd Stephens
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,