[Tutor] Memory optimization problem

Jonathan Hayward http://JonathansCorner.com jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
Sat Sep 6 00:10:50 EDT 2003

I have been working on a search engine, which is a memory hog. I
originally had it use a hashtable to keep a histogram of occurrences for
words for files, then optimized that to a binary searched tuple of
integer pairs... I couldn't see any improvement. It seems to take more
memory than the files loaded.

Do you have any suggestions for what I might look for that's hogging memory?

++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,
** games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page?
** All of this is waiting for you at http://JonathansCorner.com