[Tutor] new book available

Alan Colburn aicolburn at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 13:03:00 EDT 2003

Hi all --

Checking my local bookstore last weekend I saw a new
Python title: Python Programming for the Absolute
Beginner. As most of you know, there's a series of
"...for the absolute beginner" books. Whether one
likes the book or not, I take it as a good sign that
another publisher sees enough interest in Python to
create a book about it.

I'm curious as to what folks who've looked at the work
think. I only had time to leaf through it for a few
minutes.

One of the things that caught my attention was the
author's distinguishing "new" style class definitions
from "old" style ones.

>>>class Test:

is an old style definition.

>>>class Test (object):

is the newer style. I don't think I've seen this point
discussed on PythonTutor or elsewhere. [Have I missed
something?]

Later -- Al