[Tutor] Syntax Question

Orion72738 at cs.com Orion72738 at cs.com
Wed Sep 10 22:00:08 EDT 2003

I am very new to programming, and i am trying to make this program convert
Fahrenheit to celsius and vice-versa. When I try to run it, I get syntax errors.
Please help! Thank you! (what i have is below)

Input the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit (call it Fahrenheit)
Calculate Celsius as (5/9)celsius + 32
Output Fahrenheit
#convert.py
#   A program to convert Fahrenheit temperatures to Celsius

def main():
    Fahrenheit = input("What is the Fahrenheit Temperature?")
    Celsius = (5.0 / 9.0) * Fahrenheit - 32
    print "The Temperature is", Celsius, "degrees Celsius."

main()