[Tutor] validator

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 12 12:45:24 EDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Luiz Siqueira Neto wrote:

> Thanks and sorry about this mail, I know this is not the right place for
> this question but I can't find another way.

Hi Luiz,

Python.org hosts a complete list of Python's Special Interest Groups
(SIGs) that specialize on topics, like XML:

    http://www.python.org/community/sigs.html

The XML-SIG mailing list is here:

    http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/

and you may find the folks there helpful.  I'm hopeful that there are
people on xml-sig that know a lot about XML validation.  *grin*

> I need validate some XML documents with some xsd but a can't find a
> Python validator, mabe you know some solution.

This topic was on XML-SIG, around March or so:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2003-March/009243.html

One program that people there have mentioned is XSV:

    http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html

and there are a few other things on that thread that look promising.

Unfortunately, although I'm fairly adept with Google, I'm not so good at
XML parsing.  *grin* So I can't give any personal experience about that
tool.  If you have more questions on doing XML validation, I think your
best bet is to try the XML-SIG; I'm sure they'll be happy to help you.

Good luck!