[Tutor] python

e y suzuki suzuki at despammed.com
Sat Sep 13 04:09:05 EDT 2003

> Where do you think should I start. Where and what book can you suggest that I can read
> that will help me to learn PYTHON.

i started learning python with the book, _the quick python book_ (harms/mcdonald).
it's a decent book, if you don't mind the gazillion typos in there and have a bit
of programming experience.

i recently discovered the book, _how to think like a computer scientist:
learning with python_ (downey).  i've read a lot of it, and i think that it's a
good beginner's book -- flows nicely, easy to understand, definitions provided.
there is a free online copy in pdf/postscript format you can print out and use:

	http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/

this and other python books are listed at the python.org website:

	http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonBooks

you may find the beginner's guide/index of resources at the python.org site
useful:
	http://www.python.org/topics/learn/

-e. y. suzuki