[Tutor] Permissions Problem

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Mon Sep 15 22:29:48 EDT 2003

At 22:12 09/15/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>On Monday 15 September 2003 07:58 pm, Peter Brown wrote:
>
> > Much appreciated, I have to get away from developing on M$ machine.
>
>There are a few good text editors for MS out there (free ones) that
>allow you to save a text file as a "UNIX text file".  When I used
>Windows I used a program called Metapad, which replaces the default
>Windows Notepad app.  I really liked it; you can find it at:
>http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/

Despite this wandering wildly off-topic, my personal favorite (whilst not
free, it's very inexpensive) is the "GWD Text Editor" which can be found at
http://www.gwdsoft.com/  --  it offers text highlighting, regular
expression search & replace, and text highlighting. It doesn't have a
python module (well, not yet) but you _can_ roll-your-own fairly easily. (I
set up my own somewhat, but it's not very comprehensive...)

D'oh! Spoke too soon! There *is* a Python text highlighting module now for
it... ;-)

Single user fee is $29. Yes, I bought mine... ;-)

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger