[Tutor] module object is not callable

paul taney paultaney at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 18:10:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to use HTMLgen tor page generation.
Everything was working fine as straight defs,
but whenever I move stuff into a class structure
I get into trouble.

So, to try to get a clue I build a file called
test_class_ctructure.py  Here it is:

-----------------

# This graphic represents the structure
#
#    (stylesheet)
#        |
#        -> frontpage, contactpage, resumepage,
trainpage
#             |           |             |

#
#                               |
#                               V
#                         generateMyIndex
#
class stylesheet: # no parents
    def __init__(self):
        print "random_brackets2  I am running..."
class gen_frontpage(stylesheet):
    def __init__(self):
        print "gen_frontpage  I am running..."
class gen_contactpage(stylesheet):
    def __init__(self):
        print "gen_contactpage I am running.."
class gen_resumepage(stylesheet):
    def __init__(self):
        print "gen_resumepage  I am running..."
class gen_trainpage(stylesheet):
    def __init__(self):
        print "gen_trainpage  I am running..."

class generateMyIndex(gen_frontpage, gen_trainpage,
gen_contactpage, gen_resumepage):
    def __init__(self):
        print "generateMyIndex  I am running
__init__()..."
        print "generateMyIndex  instantiating 1..."
        gen_frontpage.__init__(self)
        print "generateMyIndex  instantiating 2..."
        gen_trainpage.__init__(self)
        print "generateMyIndex  instantiating 3..."
        gen_contactpage.__init__(self)
        print "generateMyIndex  instantiating 4..."
        gen_resumepage.__init__(self)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    print "generateMyIndex  instantiating me..."
    print "++++ main begin ++++"
    g = generateMyIndex()
    print "++++ main done ++++"

-----------------
Runs well.  Here's the output:

$ python test_class_structure.py
generateMyIndex  instantiating me...
++++ main begin ++++
generateMyIndex  I am running __init__()...
generateMyIndex  instantiating 1...
gen_frontpage  I am running...
generateMyIndex  instantiating 2...
gen_trainpage  I am running...
generateMyIndex  instantiating 3...
gen_contactpage I am running..
generateMyIndex  instantiating 4...
gen_resumepage  I am running...
++++ main done ++++

When I apply this exact structure to my
project space I get the now-dreaded error:

   TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

I pulled  tutor.mbox  and grepped for this but
only got 2 hits.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
paul taney