[Tutor] pyserial question

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Tue Sep 23 11:45:23 EDT 2003

I downloaded the current pyserial (1.20).  I looked at the serialposix.py
file.

dev = Serial(rtscts=1,#plus other necessary parameters)
dev.getDSR()	# should be true if device is turned on
dev.getCTS()	# should be true if device is ready to receive data

This only works if the device actually supports hardware flow
control signalling AND if you are using a cable that actually carries
the signals.

The timeout will only affect commands that read from the device.