[Tutor] Introduction and ? re: searching the list's archives

Robert Lilly rclilly at cox.net
Sun Sep 28 21:45:41 EDT 2003

> On Sunday, September 28, 2003, at 11:50  AM, Robert Lilly wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any recommendations on
> > how
> > to go about searching an mbox archive? I am working primarily under
> > Windows
> > 2000, but I have Cygwin installed, so a *nix solution may be viable as
> > well.
>
> Here is a Jython-based solution:
>
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2003-March/021319.html>
>
> (Jython is a version of Python that is implemented in Java rather than
> C, and offers excellent integration with existing Java code.)

Thanks Erik, but since I'm just starting to learn Python, understanding the
subtle, or not so subtle, differences between it and Jython is not something
I'm ready to do yet. I have downloaded the scripts, however, and will get
back to them when I have a little more experience under my belt.

Thanks,

Robert