[Tutor] python help.. dictionary.

orbitz at ezabel.com orbitz at ezabel.com
Mon Apr 5 20:11:05 EDT 2004

Try to convert the string to a float, or iterate over teh string and see if only
digits and a . are contained in it.  Using float() to convert it to a float is
probably easiest, but you will need a try/except block to catch the exception it
will throw if it fails.
The rest of your program seems pretty standard and should be easy to figure out
if you think about it.

Hope that helps.