[Tutor] Python suddenly finding ".DS_Store" files in folder

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 09:14:06 EDT 2004

> OS X 10.3.3 includes two (!) versions of X, one in /usr/X11/bin etc.
where
> it belongs, the other in
/Appplications/Utilities/X11/Content/MacOS/X11

I oinly have OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) but aso have 2 X installs, one the
XFree86 port for Mac and the other the official Apple beta.

I assume they have shipped the same on Panther(10.3)

> I've had the iBook for a few weeks now, and as pretty and easy to
use Mac OS
> is for beginners, it seems to be one ugly beast once you lift off
the GUI
> layer.

I don;t think its that ugly. Have you tried any of the more advanced
books which explain the innards (and you do have David pogues
invaluable "Missing Manual"

I'm still not sure what a "resource fork" is and why I'm supposed to