[Tutor] os.system() problem executing application / program

mjekl at clix.pt mjekl at clix.pt
Sat Apr 10 10:02:19 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm experimenting with os.system() to start another application in my pc.

I have no problems with the following statement:

    os.system("start C:\\MyDb1.mdb")

A command box appears/ desappears and Access starts running.

***

On the other hand the following statement doesn't work:

    os.system("start C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplorer.exe")

I'm as sure as I can be that this as something to do with either long file

names or spaces in the dos command.

If this is true this is not really a Python problem, but still is something

probably alot of people encounter, so ther is probably a fast answer to my

hair pulling problem :-)

I'm running Python2.3 on MSW98 2nd.

Txs,

Miguel

Clix Rapidix - Aumente até 6X a velocidade da sua Internet
Adira em http://acesso.clix.pt e comece logo a navegar