[Tutor] How to calculate Standard Deviation

John M. Purser jmpurser at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 14:36:45 EDT 2004

Jabbar,

You might want to look at Numerical python or Numarray:
http://www.pfdubois.com/numpy/html2/numpy.html

which has a function described as:
"td(m, axis = 0)

returns the unbiased estimate of the population standard deviation from a
sample along the axis'th dimension of m. (That is, the denominator for the
calculation is n-1, not n.)"

John Purser