[Tutor] read sound file via url

nicolas maleve nmaleve at all2all.org
Thu Apr 15 20:06:21 EDT 2004

hello,

I make my first steps with the snack library.
I would like to make a python script to read an ogg file over the net.
At the moment the only solution I could manage to get working is to save the
file on disk and then read it.
For larger sound file, I would prefer to read them directly via a url.
Can anyone put me in the right direction?

here follows my script with the locally saved version...

#! /usr/bin/env python
#
# Usage: oggplay.py http://www.myserver.com/file.ogg
#
# Note: this script will also play audio files in any other format supported
# by tkSnack

import urllib
import sys
from Tkinter import *
from tkSnack import *

initializeSnack(Tkinter.Tk())

# Load the Ogg/Vorbis format package

Tk().tk.eval('package require snackogg')

if sys.argv[1:]:
	host=sys.argv[1]
	file=urllib.urlopen(host)
	test=file.info()