[Tutor] Re: Error Fedora Code 1 and CPickle

Chris Green cmg at dok.org
Fri Apr 16 10:05:06 EDT 2004

Mike Wagman <mwagman at charter.net> writes:

> 	I'm getting an error in Cpickle using Fedora Code 1. Something about a
> bad unicode ASUTF8St5ring. Specifically I am using cx_freeze on code
> that import cPickle.
>
> 	I'm run into some reference to this problem before - but have not found
> a solution. Has anyone run into this - and if so what is the
> solution.

I think that is related to the codecs functionality.  I ran into a
similar problem when trying to use 4suite + wxPython.  I traced it
down to the codecs module trying to dynamically __import__ the utf-8
charset.

To get cx_Freeze to pick it up, I added a kludge:

  import encodings.utf_8

to my main module.  This works well enough since utf_8 is the only
thing I support.
--
Chris Green <cmg at dok.org>
Chicken's thinkin'