[Tutor] deleting CR within files

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 17:04:08 EDT 2004

> Is there such a thing as a do loop in Python?

There's a while loop which will do anything a do loop can,
but...

> done.  In my program I have a simple widget and need to initiate it
> before
> my dialog pops up.  And then give the user the option to select more
> files
> with the same widget.

I think you are missing the point of event driven programming.
When they press the widget it processes a file, if they press
it again it processes another file, and so on.

In other words you don't need a loop to do that. Or more to
the point the Tk.mainloop() is the only loop you need.

> I know that I need to use some kind of loop and in VB
> a do loop would work best.  But what about in Python?

You shouldn't need a loop in VB either!

Alan G.