[Tutor] Standard library modules not installed

Rex chidorex-pytutor at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 14:24:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Python, but proficient in Perl. Loving it so far :)

I wrote a basic program that uses the comma-separated values standard library csv to work on files. I use a Gentoo Linux box as my main developing environment and csv is included as it is supposed to be.

However, I am going to run this program in a RedHat 9 machine, and for some strange reason some libraries are not included in this python installation (ver. 2.2.2). I have looked at several library locations (e.g. Vaults of Parnassus) but the standard libraries are not there.

Where can I find and install these libraries that should, AFAIK, be included in the standard installation of Python?
Why would these libraries be missing from the RPM python package? Do you know if there is any RPM package that includes these libraries? Might be even easier to get.

Thanks for your help.

Rex