[Tutor] GUI component (fwd)

Michael Lange klappnase at freenet.de
Fri Apr 30 19:38:05 EDT 2004

Hi Bintang,

I am not sure if I understand your problem correctly, does the installation of Pmw
fail or is it installed and does not work?

If it is the installation I think you just need to unzip the archive and copy the Pmw
folder to your site-packages directory ( something like c:\python2.3\site-packages on windows
or /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages on linux/unix systems ).
After that you can try at the python prompt:

>>> import Pmw
>>> root = Pmw.initialise()

If this works and an empty window pops up everything is fine and you are ready to use the Pmw widgets.

I hope this helps

Michael