[Tutor] Help on Python to PostgreSQL and CGI

Ms Soo Chong s4046441 at student.uq.edu.au
Sat Aug 7 09:40:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am currently a fourth year Uni student who is working on a Thesis that required me to use python language to develop a webpage that user to query on. I have to use python language to fetch data from PostgreSQL and display it on a website where user to search from. I am so new to python and struggling so hard to learn and apply it. I wonder if anybody out there can help me a helping hand.

I am currently reading through a book "Learning Python" and looking through some useful tutorials. I am actually searching for modules that can link postgreSQL and python together. Please give me some advice which at least help me to start up the program, cause I'm really lost. I wonder if the CGI tutorial on the python website :http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-cgi.html, worked for my case?

Operating System: Linux
Programming Lang: Python
Database : PostgreSQL

Thank you.