[Tutor] Tkinter

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 07:19:31 CEST 2004

Glen,

Libranet is a debian-based system right? Well, if their package
manager doesn't list tkinter or python-tk in it (it is likely that it
does), you can do it from the command line with the program "apt-get".

Simply open up a command terminal, type "su" (without the quotes) and
enter the root password to assume root privileges. Then, type "apt-get
install python-tk". If your apt repositories are set up correctly,
tkinter will download and install itself. Also, note that this is more
of a debian or libranet problem than a python one, but I hope this
helps you out.

Once you're done installing it, make sure that you type "exit" or
ctrl-d to logout the root user; you don't want to stay logged in with
it.

Peace
Bill Mill